General Uniform Guidelines & Reminders
All civilian students must wear the Dennis uniform (no other khaki shorts, pants or skirts are allowed). On days when JROTC cadets are not in military attire, their daily uniform must adhere to the civilian dress code approved by the military.
Shirttails must be tucked in at all times. (All shirts need to be tucked in except the girls blouse that has the panther paw at the bottom).
Undershirts are plain white and may be worn under daily or dress day shirts. A white turtleneck may be worn under the daily uniform for warmth.
Civilian male hairstyles need to be off the collar, not covering the ears and groomed not to hang over the eyebrows. Facial hair is not permitted.
Only TMI gear is allowed to be worn on cold weather days (even when it is below 35 degrees). The appropriate uniform shirt must be worn under your outerwear. Approved TMI Outerwear:
- TMI sweatshirts, windbreaker, fleece and letterman jackets with the monogram
- Black TMI monogrammed sweaters
- TMI monogrammed long-sleeved or pullover vest
- TMI Polartec monogrammed jackets and vests
- Orange TMI sweatshirt
- Orange TMI fleece
TMI spirit shirts are NOT ALLOWED to be worn over the daily uniform. They are ONLY allowed to be worn on approved spirit dress days!
On days designated by the Headmaster as Spirit Dress Days, students may wear TMI-related T-shirts. All other dress rules must be observed.
Backpacks and gym bags are not allowed to be left in Coates Hall at any time. They must be in the locker or against the wall outside Coates Hall.
Civilian Uniforms – Female
Civilian Uniforms – Male
Dennis San Antonio
431 Isom, Suite 101
Phone: (210) 366-2003
Fax: (210) 366-4625
Order online at www.dennisuniform.com
School code: VMI
Click here for Dennis Uniform hours and directions.
Directions from TMI:
Travel on I-10 East
Exit onto Loop 410 East
Exit San Pedro, turn left on San Pedro
Turn right on Isom Road, continue to 431 Isom
- Jeans must be in good repair (no holes). Only denim, blue jeans can be worn. No jeans of different colors or thin fabrics may be worn (no jeggings).
- No skirts, tights, leggings, Nike shorts, short shorts or Bermuda shorts. Capri pants and 3/4 length pants are allowed as long as they are in good repair and not too tight.
- No tank tops, spaghetti straps, open-back tops, scooped necks, lacrosse jersey-style tank tops, shirts showing midriffs, see-through shirts, shirts with holes in them, or shirts that are short in the back.
- No clothing with inappropriate symbols, slogan, lettering, images, etc. No alcohol, drug or sexual references.
- Must have closed toe shoes for science labs.